What tablet do you use?

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
likewtfomg

What tablet do you use?

Postby likewtfomg » 09 Sep 2013, 02:31

I'm getting ready to buy a tablet and was wondering if anyone can suggest a good tablet that works well with this program.
Does anyone have a samsung tablet that works well with it?

rose-davies

Re: What tablet do you use?

Postby rose-davies » 09 Sep 2013, 04:57

I use a Wacom Bamboo tablet. It costs around £60/66Euros or $80 if you live in the US.

It works perfectly fine. However, the nibs of the pens wear away pretty quickly if you put a lot of pressure on the pen when you draw. If you have quite a big budget I'd go for the Wacom Intuos 4 or 5.

It's entirely up to you. I've only had this one Wacom tablet, and it does the job. I can't recommend anything other than that because I haven't tried any other tablets.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

butterz

Postby butterz » 09 Sep 2013, 05:43

Wacom intuos 2! Hehe mine is old. But I like Wacom, still works great. It is a good brand. :smile:

exirtis

Postby exirtis » 09 Sep 2013, 06:32

Honestly, Wacom is the way to go. The only real questions are: how much you have to spend, and how big you want it? The two are not unrelated, since the larger tablets are more expensive.

From my own experience, and from reading of others' throughout the years, don't go for the largest or the smallest tablet, somewhere in the middle is best. And... in checking their website just after I wrote that (so as to be able to get more specific), it seems that they've reduced the sizes available in their flagship line (the Intuos Pro) to 3: small, medium, and large.

In fact, Wacom has done a bit of rebranding with the names of their tablet lines. From their website:
Intuos5 is now Intuos Pro. Bamboo pen tablets are now Intuos.

Anyway, my personal recommendation – if you can afford it – is an Intuos Pro in the medium size—it's the best balance of features, space, and price. And don't buy it directly from Wacom, you'll find better deals from various online merchants.

Lastly, unless you're very well-heeled I'd advise against even looking at the Cintiq line. It's painful to see their splendor and to know they're so far out of your price range. Or so it is for me, and you might as well spare yourself the pain. ;)

naraethlas

Postby naraethlas » 10 Sep 2013, 04:17

Trust Slimline. I've got it a few years and have no complaints so far.
If you want to do some research, though, I suggest you take a look at this blog. It has some pretty interesting reviews that might help make up your mind.
Hope that helps.
_

Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?

nuxel

Postby nuxel » 10 Sep 2013, 06:47

I use an Intuos 5 small (now known as intuos pro), but if your budget is tight a Wacom Bamboo (now known as Intuos) is good enough I know because I've used them too.

About the size, well I wanted an Intuos medium but the monwy wasn't enough and the small version is great, I wouldn't mind a bigger active area but it is more than enough for the time being. :geek:

mjt1891

Graphics Pad?

Postby mjt1891 » 10 Sep 2013, 07:30

I'm looking into purchasing a Graphics pad to make Black Ink easier to use. What are some suggestions when it comes to the pads? What are some pads that work well with Black Ink?

blackant

Postby blackant » 11 Sep 2013, 06:25

i recently bought a cintinq HD 13 wich was 500% better than i espected.
i fund a lower price on pixmania site and received it without problem for something around 829€
great price if you compare to official wacom site how sell it higher at 900 €.
and great price compare to big professional cintinq sold from 1400 to 2300 € ...

little price but very big investment and strongly better than a bamboo or anything like that.

:congratulation: :geek:

trollulz

Postby trollulz » 11 Sep 2013, 12:10

I use Wacom Bamboo tablet too, it's easy to use, pretty cheap, and really great results.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wacom-Bamboo-Touch-Graphics-Tablet-CTT-460-/390658146738?hash=item5af50a41b2

That's the one I use, there are newer models too of this one, I believe, had this one for like 3 years, but never had any issues with it, or anything like that, so I recommend it. :pleased:

jrusic

Postby jrusic » 11 Sep 2013, 16:49

I use a Wacom Cintiq 12WX. :yeah:

Next

Return to Technical support