[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 37: Undefined offset: 2
Bleank • View topic - What tablet do you use?

What tablet do you use?

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
ale

Re: What tablet do you use?

Postby ale » 17 Sep 2013, 16:02

In my geforce 9200 laptop it lag like 10 seconds even on very small file, so it is useless. I though it's normal, is it?

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 17 Sep 2013, 16:17

Wow! You can use it?
For a good performance a "G3D rating" of 500 is needed and your video card is 87 (website - video benchmark).
So, it's absolutely normal to meet lags.

ale

Postby ale » 17 Sep 2013, 16:54

bonnie wrote:Wow! You can use it?
For a good performance a "G3D rating" of 500 is needed and your video card is 87 (website - video benchmark).
So, it's absolutely normal to meet lags.

No I use it my 680 oc desktop :mocking:
But I tried anyway on the other pc too I knew it wouldn't work, but I didn't know about the G3D rating, very usefull!

jantomet

Postby jantomet » 17 Sep 2013, 20:11

I use a Wacom Intuos 3 medium at work and a Wacom Intuos 5 large at home. Both work brilliantly with BI, as one would expect from a quality brand like Wacom.

The mayor difference between the two lies - in my opinion - mostly in the drawing surface material/feeling.

The Intuos 3 has a semi-gloss & smooth surface and the Intuos 5 has a more coarse, semi-paper like surface. I like the semi-gloss surface better, simply because it shows more resistance to scratches.

A friend of mine has a really used Intuos 5, that has lost all its paper-like surface coating, and is now almost fully smooth/glossy - so the Intuos 5 seem less durable. In comparison is my "old" Intuos 3 still going strong and the surface has just got minor microscopic scrathes after years and years of heavy daily use.

Apart from the above the Intous 5 has double the amount of pressure levels it recognizes, compared to the Intuos 3 - but it´s not something I really notice when using BI.

I would recommend the older Intuos 3 - simply because of the more durable surface coating.

easle-darkpaws

Postby easle-darkpaws » 19 Sep 2013, 00:16

u2bleank wrote:
hmm maybe it was just because I had a crappy laptop from HP then? Absolutely wouldn't run the demo.
oh well, I might purchase a Surface pro to do windows stuff on, if Msoft updates the gpu anyways, HD integrated always threw me problems, especially the 4000 series

We have only tested on a Surface PRO so if your laptop has crappy Mother board of bad RAM it could be the bottleneck for Black Ink.

So would you say for travel purposes, the Surface pro is alright for black ink?

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 20 Sep 2013, 08:54

Of course, event if it's not as comfortable as on a desktop with a Mid Range GPU. I advice you to test Black Ink on it before buying one if you thought about it.

abalone

Postby abalone » 20 Sep 2013, 17:59

jantomet wrote:I use a Wacom Intuos 3 medium at work and a Wacom Intuos 5 large at home. Both work brilliantly with BI, as one would expect from a quality brand like Wacom.

The mayor difference between the two lies - in my opinion - mostly in the drawing surface material/feeling.

The Intuos 3 has a semi-gloss & smooth surface and the Intuos 5 has a more coarse, semi-paper like surface. I like the semi-gloss surface better, simply because it shows more resistance to scratches.

A friend of mine has a really used Intuos 5, that has lost all its paper-like surface coating, and is now almost fully smooth/glossy - so the Intuos 5 seem less durable. In comparison is my "old" Intuos 3 still going strong and the surface has just got minor microscopic scrathes after years and years of heavy daily use.

Apart from the above the Intous 5 has double the amount of pressure levels it recognizes, compared to the Intuos 3 - but it´s not something I really notice when using BI.

I would recommend the older Intuos 3 - simply because of the more durable surface coating.

I don't have any first-hand experience with Intuos myself, but I do know it's possible to replace the surface coating for around 20 bucks. I also know some people prefer a paper-like surface to a smooth glossy one, so depending on how quick it wears it might not be all that bad.

scrotieflapwack

Postby scrotieflapwack » 23 Sep 2013, 12:54

Does anyone use the Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch tablet? I am looking at buying the black and lime one, but would like to know if it is compatible with Black Ink and if its worth getting. Here is the tablet I am looking at getting.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wacom-Bamboo-Touch-Graphics-Tablet/dp/B005UHBT5S

I am a beginner and would be using it for casual use (hopefully looking to make this some sort of career though). The working space on this looks ok for me, although something alittle bigger would be a benefit (I mainly draw game characters original and remade, I also do scenic stuff and concept art). Do you think this would be the tablet for me? I am open to all opinions my price range at its maximum would be £150.

Cheers,

dirtyklingon

Postby dirtyklingon » 24 Sep 2013, 01:19

i currently have a samsung galaxy tab 8.9 and it was suggested that i could use this like the wacom tablet thing to draw.

however i'm totally new to drawing with pen/tablet to begin with, and i'm curious if i need a specific pen device should it even be possibly to use the tab in the same manner as a wacom tablet for the pressure.

i'm also curious if it's possible to emulate pressure with mouse(and keyboard if necessary) only input.

note: i do not want to run black ink itself on my tab. i want to know if i can use the tab in the same manner as the wacom tablets, and if i need the wacom pen. and possibly if so if there's a guide to setting it up and what i'd need to purchase.

thanks.

scrotieflapwack

Postby scrotieflapwack » 24 Sep 2013, 11:08

dirtyklingon wrote:i currently have a samsung galaxy tab 8.9 and it was suggested that i could use this like the wacom tablet thing to draw.

however i'm totally new to drawing with pen/tablet to begin with, and i'm curious if i need a specific pen device should it even be possibly to use the tab in the same manner as a wacom tablet for the pressure.

i'm also curious if it's possible to emulate pressure with mouse(and keyboard if necessary) only input.

note: i do not want to run black ink itself on my tab. i want to know if i can use the tab in the same manner as the wacom tablets, and if i need the wacom pen. and possibly if so if there's a guide to setting it up and what i'd need to purchase.

thanks.

I think this can be done although the results aren't very good. You are better off getting a Wacom or maby another make of graphics tablet. There are afew apps you can get to use your Galaxy (even an iPad) to work as a graphics tablet. LogMeIn is an app that you can get where your computer screen can be used from your tablet wirelessly over an internet/wireless connection. You can sweep your fingers across your Galaxy to move the mouse and tap once for a left click and tap with two fingers for a right click. This doesn't work very well as a solution and these are the type of apps you can get for your Galaxy to access your computer and use your Galaxy as an input device.

I would recommend to invest in a proper graphics tablet.

The one in my previous post is very cheap for what you get and seems to be quite a popular graphics tab to use for digital painting :)

Previous

Return to Technical support