Compatible with Huion new 1060plus?

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
jqmichael13

Compatible with Huion new 1060plus?

Postby jqmichael13 » 26 Jul 2018, 06:50

I've been scouring the site but the only Huion anyone seems to be talking about is the older h610. I just bought this tablet and am super excited to use it, but I can't seem to get it to register on the screen. I'm using windows 10 with a GTX 780 gpu. Every time I go into 'preferences', 'stylus', 'calibrate', it freezes the program and I have to 'end task' to shut it down. It says 'stylus ID unknown'. I looked through the options but I can't find anywhere to set up the stylus. I'm not sure if it's supposed to register automatically or if I need to do something. The screen detects my mouse as I move it around and lets me draws fine, no lag at all. I'm not sure if there's an option to switch between mouse and stylus that I'm not seeing. I can see my drawing pad lighting up with a green light as I move the stylus around, so I can tell they're communicating okay. The 'input preview' says no signal and nothing shows up as I drag the stylus around.

Trying to be as detailed as possible, let me know if additional info is needed.

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance.

u2bleank

Re: Compatible with Huion new 1060plus?

Postby u2bleank » 26 Jul 2018, 11:09

Hi,

Do you have WinTab driver installed on your system ? ( you should have Wintab32.dll in your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 directory ).

Don't worry to much on the Calibrate thing it can come from another problem.
Anyway can you please send us your Log File

jqmichael13

Postby jqmichael13 » 26 Jul 2018, 18:38

Thanks for the quick response, it's much appreciated.

I checked through the directory and I do have wintab32.dll in the file.

I had to leave for work and I wasn't able to get to the file log to copy and email it to you (damn job always getting in the way of my fun!), I will do that this evening when I get back home.

jqmichael13

Postby jqmichael13 » 27 Jul 2018, 05:26

Hey there,

I just sent over an email with the blackink.log file.

I didn't have the minidump.dmp file in that folder, though, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem..?

Let me know what you find out and if there's anything else I can check into for you.

Thank you much!

jqmichael13

Postby jqmichael13 » 30 Jul 2018, 02:39

I figured out the issue so I thought I would share, in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Huion has 2 different models for their New 1060Plus tablet. They have one version that has 2048 pressure levels and another version that has 8192 pressure levels. I'm new to these types of tablets so I didn't know to look for it, thankfully I just happened to grab the version with more pressure levels. Make sure you buy this version as well, as they're still supporting the 8192 version but not the 2048 version (as far as drivers go.) Look on the back of the box or the back of your tablet to see what version you have.

Unfortunately, I had installed the wrong driver and that's why it wasn't working. As soon as I downloaded the 8192 driver, it worked perfectly (although the desktop icon won't open so that's another problem I'm working on now). So the tablet is working and it is compatible with Black Ink.

Thanks to the devs for working with me on an answer. You guys were very quick to respond to my emails and give suggestions. Very much appreciated!!

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 30 Jul 2018, 08:17

:up: Good to know, thanks for sharing !

Return to Technical support