Artefacts bug

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
zantium

Re: Artefacts bug

Postby zantium » 04 Oct 2013, 16:43

Hi u2bleank

Can you confirm the operating system you used for testing e.g. W7 x64 and did you test with D3D10/11 too?

I've just finished work for the week so I'm going to test on a few systems today.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 04 Oct 2013, 16:56

zantium : it was on a Windows Vista x64 and D3D10.
If you still have the problem I can test on other platforms.

zantium

Postby zantium » 04 Oct 2013, 21:49

u2bleank wrote:
So can you check your drivers / Update with the latest video card driver from AMD
For our test we used :
Catalyst 13.4
Direct3D version : 9.14.10.0969
AMD pilot version : 6.58.0.6614

Also ( we never know ) update DirectX

The versions you've listed there are actually the older versions - I was running 13.4 when I had the problem initially.
I'm running Catalyst 13.9
Direct3D 9.14.10.0984
AMD Audio driver 7.12.0.7716 I don't know what the "AMD pilot version" is but I assume that's untranslated, searching for "AMD pilot version : 6.58.0.6614" took me to the French AMD site and listed that as the HDMI audio driver. I'm not sure what affect the audio driver would have on the rendering though.

Do you have a Windows 7 x64 machine you can test on?

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 07 Oct 2013, 17:27

Good news!
We have repo in our dev lab!!!
The problem isn't fixed yet but at least we can work on it now ;)
PS : and yes this only occured on Windows 7 system with the same video card... :amazed:

zantium

Postby zantium » 08 Oct 2013, 20:42

Good news indeed because I like the software it has a lot of potential.
I'd still like to buy it and reduced features I can live with while it's in development but not this sort of bug - not fixed yet, but being able to reproduce it should make resolving it much easier.

Incidentally, I tried (through support) the 0.142.1596 version and that popped the artifacts much more readily - comparing those builds might help pinpoint where the problem is.

Good luck.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 10 Oct 2013, 11:07

Ok for those who have the problem we have this early beta version to test.
We didn't reproduce this artefact bug after the correction on an AMD HD 7950.
So tell us if you still encounter this problem on your config.

Thank you :sad:

aphtershox

Postby aphtershox » 03 Jan 2014, 03:32

Before I go into the artifact problems I had, I wanted to mention that I had some trouble on this forum, for a while it wouldn't let me post. I succeeded in getting to the reply post screen once the first time I tried, and then when I went to add a screenshot it told me I need to log in, so I did that, but every time after that it told me I need to login to reply, but then it just took me to my account and didn't let me go to the screen I was trying to get to, and acted like I'm not logged in at the corner. I restarted firefox and it worked.
I was having some considerable artifact problems after first launching Black Ink. The first time it came up, there were red static artifacts all over the place (no screenshot). After I made a new project, I zoomed in and out, and that seemed to fix that static, but I still had weird artifacts, which I screenshot. The default brush icons disappeared, the little preview window was green and splotchy, and the drawing area was obviously glitchy-looking. I did close and reopen Black Ink, and the artifact were gone. The first few times I launched it to test to make sure the artifacts were gone, it said "First-time setup...Installing: Microsoft VC Redlist Package (Step 1 of 1)". I also own a Wacom Bamboo Tablet, and it worked fine the first time I plugged it in. I did have trouble after updating Adobe AIR and closing the Bamboo Dock. Restarting Bamboo Dock and restarting Black Ink did not help, but Edit> Reset stylus calibration did fix it.

Specs:

Windows XP, Service Pack 3, latest updates

AMD Radeon HD 6670 graphics card

Core 2 Duo CPU

2GB RAM

Latest DirectX for Windows XP, 9.0c I believe it was

Hopefully this will be at least a little helpful to both developers and users.
Attachments
artifact 2.png
artifact 2.png (216.67 KiB) Viewed 14217 times
artifact 1.png
artifact 1.png (204.19 KiB) Viewed 14217 times

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 03 Jan 2014, 09:38

aphtershox : is those artefacts still there after the VC redist installation ? I didn't understand well.
Anyway do you have latest AMD Radeon Drivers ?

aphtershox

Postby aphtershox » 03 Jan 2014, 14:53

Oh, you're right, I wasn't very clear about that, sorry about that. I restarted Black Ink after the first launch, and after that the artifacts were gone, and each time I restarted after to test it. The VC Redlist installation box came up maybe 3 or 4 times each time I restarted, the first launch obviously, but also the 2nd, 3rd and 4th I think at least. It was definitely more than twice. I should have kept better track of how many times exactly. That's why I thought it was odd though, because the artifacts went away the 2nd launch, but several times after that it at least claimed that it needed to install VC Redlist the first time. Maybe it had installed it the first time then but just gave me the box saying it was installing it anyway because glitch. It seems that it must've installed it now, or at least doesn't give me the installing box anymore. Everything so far seems to be working fine, but I haven't tried everything yet.

Yes, my driver is up-to-date.

Thanks,

aph

mr-flavor

Postby mr-flavor » 27 Mar 2014, 18:36

Sorry for thread necromancy, I believe my issue is the same one:

I couldn't test Black Ink since I purchased it thanks to Glitch City here so far. The amount of corruption sometimes momentarily vanishes in a smaller window, but on maximized, it is omnipresent. This installation resides on XP, but I definitely did get the same issue on Windows 7.

My card is a Radeon HD 6870. Yep, newest drivers.
Device information from DxDiag: http://pastebin.com/PkyKsRpS

Also, aside from that: since reinstalling my box and subsequently trying Black Ink again, I noticed my installation counter on Bleank's profile page went up to 2/2. Does that mean re-formatting my PC some day will render me unable to use it again? And if so, is it possible to apply for a Steam Key instead (provided it does not have the same limitations as the Steam-free version)?

Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Technical support