Tablet Compatibility

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
chevko

Tablet Compatibility

Postby chevko » 26 Jan 2018, 05:48

So, Monoprice isn't offering tablets anymore, much less pen replacements (I have a Monoprice tablet and my pen went missing, they aren't stocking replacements), and as such I'm confined to using my Adesso instead.

Black Ink will recognize my tablet and movement from it, like a mouse, but it's SUPER sensitive, almost tripling my mouse movespeed for the entire laptop - something that PhotoShop CS2, FireAlpaca, Krita, do not do. However, the most important issue is that it won't recognize the "click", rendering everything useless.

Any suggestions?

u2bleank

Re: Tablet Compatibility

Postby u2bleank » 26 Jan 2018, 08:56

Hi chevko,

First make sure you got the latest driver. ( It's the first time I heard about Adesso So I think the driver section is here )

Second do you have made a tablet calibration ?
If it still doesn't work try to uncheck the "Precise stylus position".

For the click problem it's the first time I get such report. Tell me if you still have such problem.

Regards

chevko

Postby chevko » 26 Jan 2018, 18:46

No worries on never hearing about it before - there are so many tablet makers out there it's hard to keep track of it all. I do have the latest driver. However, the last time they updated it was back in '12.

I tried out the input previous and after some messing around I finally managed to get the tilt to pick up, but that was it. Attempting to calibrate the program to the tablet, it wouldn't register anything but mouse clicks, and even then it was having issues probably because of the 4k monitor on my laptop.

If the compatibility just isn't there right now, I get it! I'm also willing to help provide you any information you need to help get it rolling in the future, too.

chevko

Postby chevko » 04 Feb 2018, 00:02

Well I'm an idiot. There's nothing actually wrong with my tablet - my pen nib wasn't pressed in all the way apparently and that was causing a lot of my issues. The only thing I'm running into at the moment is that my pressure sensitivity is pretty low - is there any way to bump that up?

I'm also wondering - wasn't there a "4K" resolution option? I swear the GUI was bigger, but it seems like everything's wayyy smaller in the latest update?

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 05 Feb 2018, 08:54

Hi,

For the UI scaling look at this video at 6min55

For the pressure we don't have a general rule to shift or scale the input.. Generally the Tablet driver should give you such feature.
Unfortunately the only way is to tweak brush by brush the input pressure by using a multiply operator.
Tell me if you need more info.

Edit : here a tuto for the pressure

Return to Technical support