flashing\flickering

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
u2bleank

Re: flashing\flickering

Postby u2bleank » 26 Mar 2018, 10:18

Apparently a different issue. While adjusting Wacom pin pressure in their app and running BlackInk, BlackInk froze and I had to kill it in Windows Task Manager. I've attached minidump and log files.

Unfortunately if Black Ink doesn't crash the crash report isn't useful...
Then more questions : is this behavior something repeatable each time you change the pressure from the Wacom settings ?

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 26 Mar 2018, 10:25

The Black Ink demo runs HOT on my system. Does the full version not have this characteristic? There is a lot that I like about this program.

Have you enabled the VSync for Black Ink ?
Main Menu > Window > Preferences > GPU

For the Flickering problem it seems to be a conflict between your Intergrated Graphic GPU and the dedicated one.
For now the workaround is to force Black Ink to run using the imtegrated graphics and while slow, it doesnt experience the flickering effect.

flengyel

Postby flengyel » 27 Mar 2018, 03:09

Have you enabled the VSync for Black Ink ?
Main Menu > Window > Preferences > GPU

Yes, the program ran a little less hot.

For the Flickering problem it seems to be a conflict between your Intergrated Graphic GPU and the dedicated one.
For now the workaround is to force Black Ink to run using the imtegrated graphics and while slow, it doesnt experience the flickering effect.

This was the most helpful suggestion. Switching from the NVIDA GPU to the integrated graphics resolved the overheating and the flickering preference window problem. There is no noticeable lag on my system -- perhaps I am a slow painter! Thank you.

BlackInk is becoming one of my favorite digital art programs.

Previous

Return to Technical support