Undo problem + Colorwheel suggestion

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
husketch

Undo problem + Colorwheel suggestion

Postby husketch » 12 Aug 2017, 22:37

I'm trying the new release of Black Ink and I found there is a problem with Undo ?
Hitting Ctrl + Z doesn't work at first but only after a few attempts.

Suggestion: is there a way to 'pin' the colorwheel panel so it's always visible? or move it up? it seems locked in place.

Currently it goes gray when there stylus is not hovering on top which I think it's not necessary , it should always show the full color. and it should be able to move up the stack of panels , and ability to make it pinned always on top.

Let me know!
Thanks

u2bleank

Re: Undo problem + Colorwheel suggestion

Postby u2bleank » 13 Aug 2017, 09:49

I'm trying the new release of Black Ink and I found there is a problem with Undo ?
Hitting Ctrl + Z doesn't work at first but only after a few attempts.

:??: it could come from the New shortcut management with Black Ink.
The problem could be that another Panel ( handling the Ctrl+Z ) has the focus and then doesn't hit the Undo command of the CanvasView.
We must had a better Panel Focus visualization.
OR it's a bug, anyway we will look at it.

Suggestion: is there a way to 'pin' the colorwheel panel so it's always visible? or move it up? it seems locked in place.

Currently it goes gray when there stylus is not hovering on top which I think it's not necessary , it should always show the full color. and it should be able to move up the stack of panels , and ability to make it pinned always on top.

Ok +1 for the request ( currently 5th in our requested feature ;) )

adamratai

Postby adamratai » 11 Mar 2019, 21:00

Hello!

I had same issue. I don't think it is a focus problem, because Rctrl+Z works everytime. LCtrl and Z separately works as expected too. And, to answer a final question - LCtrl+Z works perfectly in every other program. I Hope it helps.
Anyway it is LOVELY piece of software, not only fast as hell, but very well thought and so one. I wait eagerly for new nodal compositing, but meanwhile sketching in Black Ink is a joy, Thank You!

Adam

adamratai

Postby adamratai » 11 Mar 2019, 21:07

Ups!

Additional finding. After posting, I went back to Black Ink (Alt+TaB) and from now LCtrl+Z works like it should. So for now it will be my patch for this issue. Alt+Tab to some other application and go back to Black Ink.

Regards

Adam

Return to Technical support