Genius Tablet problem

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
u2bleank

Genius Tablet problem

Postby u2bleank » 21 Aug 2012, 15:11

Black Ink - Beta v.0.74.1265

BlackInk doesn't handle Genius Tablet correctly ( Genius EasyPen i405 ).
There's an offset when drawing and brushes doesn't respond to pressure.

faux

Re: Genius Tablet problem

Postby faux » 08 Dec 2012, 20:34

Likewise using my Wacom Intuos 3, if I swap to eraser (either by rotating the pen or press e) it doesn't behave as expected. It just erases a line across the canvas, afterwards the brushes have gained a huge offset between cursor and drawing location.

Enjoying it however :)

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 08 Dec 2012, 20:43

Likewise using my Wacom Intuos 3, if I swap to eraser (either by rotating the pen or press e) it doesn't behave as expected. It just erases a line across the canvas, afterwards the brushes have gained a huge offset between cursor and drawing location.

You mean that this behavior only occur after the selection of the eraser.. really strange :??:
Anyway you could try to re-installe your Wacom driver ( preferably the latest version ).
I don't know exactly why but it's generally the solution ( with wacom tablet ) to retreive good behavior with BlackInk.

Regards.

faux

Postby faux » 10 Dec 2012, 21:59

I think its down to multiple monitors and the mapping of the tablet<>screen1.
I have the tablet area mapped to screen 2 in the Wacom drivers (odd note: windows/Nvidia call this screen 1 as it's set to Main Display).
If I click to paint in BlackInk with my pen in the centre of the tablet, the ink appears at a point half way across my entire desktop area (halfway between left edge screen 1, and right edge screen two), near the left side of the canvas.

Let me know if I can change any settings to remedy, for now tho' I'm having enough fun painting with the mouse :)

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 11 Dec 2012, 09:07

faux : this is not a problem to have mutlitple monitors, we have several PC with multiple monitor ( some with 3 monitors ) and BlackInk behave correctly.

I use a technic who retreive accurate position of the pen tablet ( far better than the actual mouse position in screen resolution ). But I don't know why now but sometimes the Wacom drivers return me invalid desktop mapping coordinates. We have encountered here the same issue.
The re-installation of the driver was the only way to get back correct screen mapping with the technic used by BlackInk.

Tell me if you still have this problem after the re-instaltion of your driver.

bonnie

Postby bonnie » 11 Dec 2012, 16:15

From Faux
u2bleank wrote:You mean that this behavior only occur after the selection of the eraser...

Yes, until the driver update (from 616-7 to 634-3). Now I have the offset from the start

I think its down to multiple monitors and the mapping of the tablet<>screen1.
I have the tablet area mapped to screen 2 in the Wacom drivers (odd note: windows/Nvidia call this screen 1 as it's set to Main Display).
If I click to paint in BlackInk with my pen in the centre of the tablet, the ink appears at a point half way across my entire desktop area (halfway between left edge screen 1, and right edge screen two), near the left side of the canvas.

Let me know if I can change any settings to remedy, for now tho' I'm having enough fun painting with the mouse

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 11 Dec 2012, 16:35

Yes, until the driver update (from 616-7 to 634-3). Now I have the offset from the start

faux : ok you've installed new driver. But sometimes some weird preferences are still active.

You should try to do this:

After that if BlackInk still doesn't works correctly with your tablet you can send us please by email ( ErrorReport@Bleank.com ) the log fie of BlackInk.

This file is located here : C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Bleank\BlackInk
\BlackInk.Log

Thanks

figonaya

Postby figonaya » 04 Jan 2013, 07:42

I've got same problem. BOSTO KINGTEE 19-MB does not work correctly. Cursor coordinates often goes to random position. I purchased this soft and was hope on it :cry:

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 04 Jan 2013, 11:16

figonaya wrote:I've got same problem. BOSTO KINGTEE 19-MB does not work correctly. Cursor coordinates often goes to random position. I purchased this soft and was hope on it :cry:

:??: We work on it and be sure we will fix that really annoying bug in the next release .

Return to Technical support