Bugs I found in 0.249.2089

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
jimkricket

Bugs I found in 0.249.2089

Postby jimkricket » 01 Jan 2016, 10:38

Greetings,
Hope this is the correct way to report bugs, I apologize in advance if it isn't!

1.) When I use Selection Tools on art, then use Transform Tool, it gives my art a transparent outline.

Note: No workaround found.

2.) When I Resize.. in smaller or bigger resolution and have multiple layers, then Save As.. jpg or jpeg, there are artifacts around the edges of art.

Note: I've found that merging all layers before Save As.. is a workaround. This bug doesn't seem to affect png.

3.) If I hold space bar, press and release Alt, it turns my Grab Hand into a drawing brush cursor. If I hold the left mouse button, I can draw like normal, when I release the left mouse, I can move the canvas around again.

Note: It's a very interesting bug, maybe you guys can turn it into a feature. Avoidable.

4.) Combinations of Shift, Ctrl, Alt and S pressed at the same time will sometimes reprogram the shortcut keys with one another.

Note: Closing out Black Ink and restarting fixes this. Avoidable.

5.) Holding Tab makes the drawing brush cursor disappear, it just goes back to normal once I let go and do something else.

Note: This one is pretty benign. Avoidable.

Thank you BleanK for this awesome program!

u2bleank

Re: Bugs I found in 0.249.2089

Postby u2bleank » 04 Jan 2016, 17:42

Hi thanks for the report.

1.) When I use Selection Tools on art, then use Transform Tool, it gives my art a transparent outline.

Do you have an example for this problem

4.) Combinations of Shift, Ctrl, Alt and S pressed at the same time will sometimes reprogram the shortcut keys with one another.

Try to have a look at this

5.) Holding Tab makes the drawing brush cursor disappear, it just goes back to normal once I let go and do something else.

It's normal, It should send the focus to an edit box or something like that.

jimkricket

Postby jimkricket » 05 Jan 2016, 01:43

Heyas,
Thanks for the reply.

Here are the screen shots for bug number 1.

Here I create a filled circle in red.

http://i.imgur.com/UZwknf5.jpg

Using a "Draw Rectangle" Selection Tool. I can use any Selection tool, it will have the same bug.

http://i.imgur.com/Ir9pk7U.jpg

Then, when I use "Transform Tool" or Press "T". I get a transparent outline around the shape where the dotted selection line had been.

http://i.imgur.com/wEgpAmC.jpg

Here it is after I press "Enter" without moving it at all, and zoomed up.

http://i.imgur.com/d4WAUnF.jpg

Thanks Again!

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 05 Jan 2016, 09:06

ok i see now.

It's because the selection isn't pixel aligned and generate Anti Aliased pixels which didn't exactly match each other ( you will got the same result in Photoshop ).
To have something perfect in this particular case ( Selection, Crop , Paste without moving ) it needs a non Anti Aliased pixel selection but I didn't think is usefull for Black Ink.

jimkricket

Postby jimkricket » 05 Jan 2016, 10:45

u2bleank wrote:ok i see now.

It's because the selection isn't pixel aligned and generate Anti Aliased pixels which didn't exactly match each other ( you will got the same result in Photoshop ).
To have something perfect in this particular case ( Selection, Crop , Paste without moving ) it needs a non Anti Aliased pixel selection but I didn't think is usefull for Black Ink.

Thanks for the clarification u2bleank.

It actually doesn't bother me that much, you guys just keep following your philosophy on creating the program you've envisioned.

I enjoy Black Ink because it is different than the majority.

Keep up the good work guys!

Return to Technical support