It's been 4 Months, Black Ink still not working

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
joshdrok

It's been 4 Months, Black Ink still not working

Postby joshdrok » 28 Nov 2015, 22:57

I posted in these forums back in August with a problem I was having with Black Ink launching. It's been 4 months and the problem still exists. I launch Black Ink, nothing happens. The program appears in the taskbar, uses resources, but the actual program never shows up. I've, on occasion, been able to get the program to launch. When it does launch, it won't go into fullscreen on my Cintiq. It does nothing and freezes. When I remove my Wacom drivers Black Ink launches without a hitch and runs fine. As soon as I install Wacom drivers everything goes to shit. I've tried using the older drivers that have been recommended, I've tried the newest drivers, I've updated and downgraded my graphics cards, I've tried with a single monitor setup, I've tried with the Cintiq off, and about 100 million other things. I've even gone as far as to doing a clean Windows install...

Are there any solutions that anyone has found to fix this?

u2bleank

Re: It's been 4 Months, Black Ink still not working

Postby u2bleank » 30 Nov 2015, 10:02

Hi,

Really sorry for this bad experience :desperate:

Do you have already sent a mail to support@bleank.com ?
Form what I understand you have serious trouble "only" when your Wacom drivers are installed ( we doesn't have other report like yours so I suspect something specific to your configuration ).

So if you remove the Wacom Drivers then Black Ink start and run normally even on the Cintiq screen ?

From What I also understand from your previous post you have the Steam version of Black Ink can you try to install the Stand Alone version ?
Then reinstall the latest driver of Wacom and see if the stand alone version behave the same way as the Steam one.
If not ( and I hope it's the case ) Steam has probably corrupted your Black Ink.

joshdrok

Postby joshdrok » 01 Dec 2015, 04:36

How would I go about getting the standalone version? Do I need to buy it again? And I don't know if this will help you guys, but last night I unplugged my Cintiq from my computer, then launched Black Ink and plugged my Cintiq back in. I was able to use Black Ink normally after doing that. It's a little troublesome because sometimes I have to reset my graphics cards in order to make the Cintiq recognize the input but It's a small price to pay to use this great software. I've honestly never used any digital art software that has been as enjoyable as Black Ink is.

Ok, So I take the fix I had back. It was working last night, now it's not. I can drag the program over to my Cintiq once I have replugged it but the program fades out to what appears to be around 50% opacity and I can see my desktop background bleeding through it. I am going to try remove the Steam version of Black Ink and install the stand alone version from your website, then remove and reinstall my Cintiq drivers. I'll report back with results when it's all done. I also wanted to mention I'm on a dual graphics card setup if that's not already clear. I don't know if that would cause problems or not but yeah... I'll just go ahead and post system specs:
i7 4820k 3.70Ghz
Dual GTX 760's
16gb ram
Windows 10 pro

I've uninstalled Black Ink from steam, Installed the standalone version, uninstalled my Cintiq drivers and reinstalled them and no change. Still the same thing. If I try to launch with the Cintiq on, Black Ink just doesn't ever come up. Shows it's running in taskbar but the program isn't displayed. If I launch it with the Cintiq unplugged it will launch fine, but as soon as I plug it in and try to move Black Ink over to the Cintiq it basically crashes. The program still has full functionality but like I said above, it fades out and the desktop background bleeds through.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 01 Dec 2015, 10:53

Dual GTX 760's

OK it should be that !
You have probably plugged your Cintiq on the second GPU.
In this case you have to select this one in the Preference > GPU like in this picture :

joshdrok

Postby joshdrok » 02 Dec 2015, 01:58

Ok, that has seemed to of worked. At first I didn't think it did work but I had to mess around with it for a little while to get the program to actually launch in my Cintiq monitor and it worked fine! When I had initially launched it the program would launch on my main monitor. So when I switch the GPU settings and relaunched It did the same thing it had been doing but I finally got it to launch inside of my CIntiq monitor so It's working on my CIntiq 100% now! Thanks for all the help!

Return to Technical support