Maximizing Window in Windows 10 and Calibration Instructions

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
ufochoko

Maximizing Window in Windows 10 and Calibration Instructions

Postby ufochoko » 24 Nov 2015, 22:53

I just started up Black Ink. I am a very new/casual digital scribbler, and I am having a couple of problems.

The last time I used my tablet was in Windows 7, and I upgraded to Windows 10. Of course, I bought a tablet that Wacom decided to stop supporting after Windows 7, so I do not have drivers for my model (CTL-460). I have tried to calibrate the tablet without loading drivers, and I am worried that I am following the calibration instructions incorrectly. When I use the Edit>Preferences>Stylus>Calibrate option, I get stuck on this screen: Image
I moved the cursor into the circle with my stylus, pressed down, and waited... until I started to feel like maybe I was missing the point. I couldn't find calibration instructions or a walkthrough. What am I supposed to do for this step of the calibration? Do I need to have a driver for the calibration to work?

I have a two monitor setup with my task bar locked vertically at the left of my left screen. Black Ink will maximize correctly on my right screen, but the window will not maximize correctly on my left screen (with the taskbar). It attaches to the top-left corner, so the left part of the window is hidden under the task bar and a stripe of my desktop is visible on the right side of the screen. It has the correct width, but it is not attached to the correct anchor. I'm planning to just use the right screen, but it might be worth correcting how the window aligns itself in Windows 10. Image

Thank you very much! I am trying to make do with my tablet, but I might need to upgrade :cry:

u2bleank

Re: Maximizing Window in Windows 10 and Calibration Instruct

Postby u2bleank » 25 Nov 2015, 08:59

Hi,

Before doing calibration can you tell me if you have a pressure detected ?
Like in this picture :
If not you should install Wacom Drivers ( even if it tell you that your model isn't supported ).

For the resizing problem I add it as a bug :bug:

ufochoko

Re: Maximizing Window in Windows 10 and Calibration Instruct

Postby ufochoko » 26 Nov 2015, 15:07

Thanks for noting the bug.

I went ahead and installed the latest published driver (Windows 8), and I am getting feedback on the pressure monitor in the input preview. The calibration worked perfectly, and I can draw pressure-sensitive lines now. Thank you, all resolved!

Return to Technical support