Color Layer Bug

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
maninmachine

Color Layer Bug

Postby maninmachine » 17 Oct 2015, 20:22

1. Create a color layer, draw a few lines
2. Create a second color layer, artifacts appear along edges of drawn lines.

The artifacts are present without adding anything to the second color layer - even if you turn off the visibility of the second layer. There are other layer types that can be chosen for the second layer that will also cause this to happen, but color seems to be the most striking. I've noticed there seems to be a particular problem when overlapping black, as well.

Here are a couple examples from my last drawing. This drawing has 1 normal layer, 2 color, 1 multiply, 1 color burn, 1 difference, and 1 overlay. I couldn't save as an image file (and not get artifacts) without first merging down the first color layer.

Unmerged:

Merged:

u2bleank

Re: Color Layer Bug

Postby u2bleank » 19 Oct 2015, 09:38

ok :(

I try to reproduce this problem and I got only artifact when I set the first layer in a Color blending mode. Is it the same thing for you ?
In fact it's seems that the Color Blending has a problem when the Background color is "empty" or "void".
Anyway thanks for notifying such problem and we will fix that in the next release.

PS: indeed nice illustration ( from chrono trigger ? )

maninmachine

Postby maninmachine » 20 Oct 2015, 03:02

Having a color layer underneath any other layer does something irregular for me - artifacts in the strokes, outlining the strokes, all around the canvas, copying/flipping around as strokes are being drawn. Strokes in color layers are showing through from underneath a filled normal layer. Manually adjusting the value between percentages seems to be the cause for bugging out the entire stroke. Let me know if providing pictures or videos would help.

Yes, Chrono Trigger! I don't think Frog is a playable character in the Bangor Dome, where you chase the rat in the rafters and fight the big guardian robot. I always found the rat to be super frustrating. The picture is supposed to depict what would happen if you could choose Frog. ;)

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 20 Oct 2015, 08:53

Having a color layer underneath any other layer does something irregular for me

Ok it's what I mean wen I says that
the Color Blending has a problem when the Background color is "empty" or "void".

So no need for more material now ;)

Return to Technical support