Thoughts on the GPU power...

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
gomi

Thoughts on the GPU power...

Postby gomi » 16 Oct 2015, 20:45

Of the Cintiq Companion/Companion 2. I know that Black Ink puts its strength into GPU rendering over CPU, but I've been curious about investing into the cintiq companion and noticed that they only offer 2 choices. Either the Intel HD Graphics or the Intel Iris Graphics. I'm assuming these are the integrated models that get partnered up with the brand, but I wanted to know if these were enough to run Black Ink at its best. I like the concept of of the devices mobility, but not at the cost of GPU performance.

u2bleank

Re: Thoughts on the GPU power...

Postby u2bleank » 19 Oct 2015, 09:52

Good question >:)

We know that the Surface PRO can run Black Ink quiet well ( which use an Intel HD 4400 ).
From What I read the Intel Iris technology has a Intel HD 6100 GPU and it's quiet good GPU from this marks. However by best advice is to test Black Ink ( if possible ) on such device before taking a decision If you want this device to mainly use Black Ink.
Perhaps some users has already used Black Ink on such device and share with us their experience.

gomi

Re: Thoughts on the GPU power...

Postby gomi » 19 Oct 2015, 18:15

Thanks for the insight! I just found out, however, that Microsoft unveiled its new line of Surface products the day before I made this post. :P

My eyes glazed over with want for that new Surface Book, which has its own dGPU! :desire:

Return to Technical support