Question about tablet

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
niiru

Question about tablet

Postby niiru » 10 Oct 2015, 12:55

Hello Bleank community, I am newbie here. I just watch a video Black Ink at Siggraph 2013 about exhibition of Black Ink in last 2013. I saw every single user never use a mouse in drawing, instead they used a device that looks like a tablet with a stylus. What is it called? So the pro uses that? Where can I find this? I strongly feel it is something called wacom, so I post my question here in this topic.

ben-o

Re: Question about tablet

Postby ben-o » 12 Oct 2015, 10:49

Although you can do a lot of things using Black Ink with a mouse thanks to the generative aspect of the brushes, when it comes to drawing professionals always prefer their tablets.

You plug it into your computer (unlike your stand alone everyday tablet) and it basically replaces the mouse in a way that feels more natural for drawing.

Lots of computer equipment resellers have them and they come in all kind of sizes and prices.
The best known brand is indeed Wacom. You might have seen us using one of their pen-display in the video. Those are a bit expensive and used by professionals. They also have a complete range of smaller and cheaper models that are perfect to begin.

My best advice to you would be to try one in a shop or an exhibition add see how you like using one !

Return to Technical support