pen strokes issues

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
imothep85

pen strokes issues

Postby imothep85 » 11 Oct 2015, 20:15

hi
i have updated black ink to the last version, but i still have problem with the pen strokes quality, sometimes lines are very ugly in term of quality, here its a jpg the red arrows show you where the lines are not really clean,.

it is really possible with black ink to draw lines smoth like the pen in adobe Flash i mean, vector quality without jaggy edges?

i tried everything, nothing works.
http://s1.postimg.org/6cnbu8p99/My_Document.jpg

u2bleank

Re: pen strokes issues

Postby u2bleank » 12 Oct 2015, 09:07

I didn't see any problem ( even if you post a Jpg and not a PNG, becasue JPG can introduce artifact in little color gradient like you point in you image ).
The default pen use primitive splatting along a stroke method which can introduce ( very little ) anti aliasing inconsistency.

But we have introduce with the version 0.249 another brush which only rely on a single vector shape.
It's the Free Fill default brush and the PondPlant Fill default brush. With these brushes you have the same quality than with Illustrator ( however you can't edit again the shape when you've finished the stroking ).

You can change the Cloning type to have a line like shape like this :
Image.

I know it's not the same kind of brush than the default one but for the the moment it's the only workaround to have a vector like quality in Black Ink.
More brush engine will come next which perhaps will fulfill your expectation ;)

Return to Technical support