Lenovo ThinkVision LT1423p and Windows 10

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
wharrrrrrgarbl

Lenovo ThinkVision LT1423p and Windows 10

Postby wharrrrrrgarbl » 11 Oct 2015, 04:01

I recently acquired a Lenovo LT1423p, which is basically a poor man's Cintiq. I was running BlackInk on Windows 7 and after installing the DisplayLink and Wintab drivers everything was working fine, but I upgraded to Windows 10 today and I now have a problem where when BlackInk is running (no other programs, though), it tries to map the pen input to my main monitor (which is a dumb ol' Samsung SyncMaster 2343) rather than to the ThinkVision's display. If I tap the Thinkvision, it will map to the ThinkVision for one pen stroke, but as soon as I lift the pen the cursor jumps to the other monitor. Every time I tap the ThinkVIsion to get the pen input back onto it, Windows interprets it as a click on the main display, so if I try to draw I get all kinds of windows opening accidentally on the main display, etc., not to mention half the time when I try to start a stroke I a click on the main display.

Anyway, has anyone else had a problem like this with multiple displays when the touch display is not the main display?

wharrrrrrgarbl

Re: Lenovo ThinkVision LT1423p and Windows 10

Postby wharrrrrrgarbl » 11 Oct 2015, 18:59

Today I discovered how to run things in compatibility mode - in the control panel under Security and Maintenance, there's a link to the Windows Program Compatibility Troubleshooter which ended up changing BlackInk to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode, and it now seems to be working. I'm still curious what caused the bug, though.

u2bleank

Re: Lenovo ThinkVision LT1423p and Windows 10

Postby u2bleank » 12 Oct 2015, 09:59

thanks for the report and how to fix the problem.

Return to Technical support