Crash after Layer Merge Down

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
vggundar

Crash after Layer Merge Down

Postby vggundar » 18 Jul 2015, 17:07

I discovered a bug and a work around for BlackInk Steam v0.225.1998 (D3D11). It tried to send a crash-report email through the bug-report dialog, but it said it couldn't connect to my email account (so that may involve another bug as well with multiple email accounts in Windows 7 Live Mail).

The Merge Down bug manifests on a multi-layer BlackInk file (I believe I had 6 layers in the file). I did a Merge Down from the layer tool bar for the top most layer into the layer directly below it. And then I saved the file. It crashed during the save creating an incomplete temp file that only had some of the layers (my original file was not damaged thankfully). I believe the error lies in the Merge Down code- it does not decrease the layer number variable that the save routine uses to encode the BlackInk file. I say this because my work around is to add another layer after doing a Merge Down and then deleting the new layer just added. This allows it to save without crashing.

If you need further details, let me know. Thanks.

u2bleank

Re: Crash after Layer Merge Down

Postby u2bleank » 23 Jul 2015, 08:54

Thanks for the report.
We are digging this bug right now. I hope it will be fixed in the next release.
Moreover we have implemented an Autorecover system that will minimize the impact of such crash in Black Ink.

vggundar

Re: Crash after Layer Merge Down

Postby vggundar » 15 Aug 2015, 18:57

Thanks.

Return to Technical support