[Fixed] Eraser

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
duarte

[Fixed] Eraser

Postby duarte » 28 May 2013, 17:48

Hi
My eraser is behaving strangely; it erases the lines but leaves a gray mark all the way around. Any explanation for that?
Just can't use Black Ink unless I don't use the eraser!
Thanks.
PS
I forgot to explain that this just hapens when I open a already saved file.
The original image, looks normal, just after saving and reopening I can see the eraser stains.
Attachments
MyDocumen5t_cr.jpg
This is a opened file.
MyDocumen5t_cr.jpg (227.69 KiB) Viewed 28673 times

u2bleank

Re: Eraser

Postby u2bleank » 28 May 2013, 19:07

Hi duarte,

I will have a look on your problem.
It's probably because some invalid Background color has been saved for your file.. :??:

Edit :
You're 100% right, the PNG isn't saved correctly with the eraser :cry:
I will make a new version to fix the problem in few days.

duarte

Postby duarte » 28 May 2013, 19:23

Thanks a lot; I'll be waiting.
As it is, Black Ink is useless, for me, at least.
Best regards.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 29 May 2013, 14:51

A new version is available who should fix your problem ( but unfortunately your drawing is unrecoverable :sad: ).

Cheers

duarte

Postby duarte » 30 May 2013, 11:23

Thanks for the quick solution; well, the half solution because now, if I try to save it as a PNG, the program just forget my choice and saves it as a bkd !
And something I noticed, since the first time I used BI, the saved files loose some intensity on the blacks when reopened; I say in the blacks because for the moment I only used BI for pen drawings, in black and not for full color illustration, so I can not say if it also happens in other situations, But a saved black and white drawing sure fades when saved, PNG or BKD.
PS
I know that my drawing is lost; that's why I'm not using BI for real works; I need more stability to feel safe whit the software; I bought BI because it has great potencial, for me, as a drawing program, but I need more to really trust it, at the moment.
So keep the good work, as you are doing, to make it a reliable software.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 30 May 2013, 13:20

Thanks for the quick solution; well, the half solution because now, if I try to save it as a PNG, the program just forget my choice and saves it as a bkd !

Hum yes it's a little bug, anyway it's better to keep a BKD working file and consider PNG as an export when you’re finished...

And something I noticed, since the first time I used BI, the saved files loose some intensity on the blacks when reopened; I say in the blacks because for the moment I only used BI for pen drawings, in black and not for full color illustration, so I can not say if it also happens in other situations, But a saved black and white drawing sure fades when saved, PNG or BKD.

..because as you stated here BlackInk work in Linear color space ( unlike Photoshop and the majority of drawing softwares who work in gamma color space ) and then to be reliable BlackInk convert the result into Gamma color space for compatibility when you save in PNG. It's an operation which can alter some colors. That's why working with BKD is a better choise.

Anyway the fades you describe seems strange to me when you says it's fading do you refer to the image opened in Photoshop/other program or an image opened in black ink ( v0.115.1500 ) ?
This was a known issue before the version 0.114 and perhaps you try to open old drawings with a new version.
Do you still have this problem when creating drawings with the latest version ?

And thanks for your valuable support ;)

duarte

Postby duarte » 30 May 2013, 16:57

Thanks for your reply.
You say:[u] Hum yes it's a little bug, anyway it's better to keep a BKD working file and consider PNG as an export when you’re finished... But what you mean by exporting? In the menu file I have two options, Save and Save as; no Export at all!
Save as give you two options- as a BKD file or as a PNG file, but even if you chose the PNG format, BI will save it as a BKD file, ignoring completely your command. So if I realy nead to export the file to another software as a PNG, how can I make the export action? BKD is not a recognised format by other graphic software...!
About the fading of black, you're right; I was using documents saved with other version of BI.
Best regards.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 30 May 2013, 19:49

Save as give you two options- as a BKD file or as a PNG file, but even if you chose the PNG format, BI will save it as a BKD file, ignoring completely your command. So if I realy nead to export the file to another software as a PNG, how can I make the export action? BKD is not a recognised format by other graphic software...!

I did several tests and you should be able to save as in PNG format if you have selected the right format in the dialog box.

Here some screenshots of the process :

and the wonderful chef d'oeuvre :

duarte

Postby duarte » 30 May 2013, 23:06

Hi
As you can see, when I try to Save as the document becomes black and after the save it reappears; when I try to reopen it as a Pngthere is not a "Document 7" in the list; but it is listed as BKN!
I have not this problem with any of the many graphic programs I use.
Attachments
nuevo-3.jpg
But here it is as BKN File
nuevo-3.jpg (64.87 KiB) Viewed 28615 times
nuevo-2.jpg
Not listed as a Png
nuevo-2.jpg (71.08 KiB) Viewed 28616 times
nuevo-1.jpg
Saving as a PNG
nuevo-1.jpg (81.42 KiB) Viewed 28616 times

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 31 May 2013, 07:56

I see it's under WinXP :relief: ..
I will make some test and see what's going on.

Thanks for your screenshots.

EDIT : Ok it will be fixed in the next release..
EDIT1 : you can download the fixed version

Next

Return to Technical support