Issues & Suggestions...

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
clayton

Issues & Suggestions...

Postby clayton » 14 May 2013, 10:28

HI,

I am currently using Windows 7, BlackInk v0.111.1444:

1) If I startup BlackInk and hit the "esc" key, BlackInk will close down. If I startup BlackInk and make some changes, hit the "esc" key, BlackInk will offer me to save the scene. Would it be possible to disable this key as I frequently use ALT+ESC to switch windows and when I goto BlackInk it either closes down or offers to save the file !!

2) Would it be possible to allow a shortcut key to "reset rotation", something like hitting the "r" key twice in a row ?? I use the rotate canvas a lot and would like a quick way to reset other than going up to the icons each time. Maybe the "esc" key !!!

3) Looking forward to layer support in the next version. Will the layers be using the standard modes, such as Colour, Multiply etc ? Any timeframe for the next release ?

Clayton

u2bleank

Re: Issues & Suggestions...

Postby u2bleank » 14 May 2013, 16:23

Hi Clayton,

1) If I startup BlackInk and hit the "esc" key, BlackInk will close down. If I startup BlackInk and make some changes, hit the "esc" key, BlackInk will offer me to save the scene. Would it be possible to disable this key as I frequently use ALT+ESC to switch windows and when I goto BlackInk it either closes down or offers to save the file !!

For the moment the Esc key will stay but I can detect the pressure on Alt to avoid the unwanted behavior you describe.

2) Would it be possible to allow a shortcut key to "reset rotation", something like hitting the "r" key twice in a row ?? I use the rotate canvas a lot and would like a quick way to reset other than going up to the icons each time. Maybe the "esc" key !!!

Excellent idea we will very probably do that ( "r " key twice in a row to reset the rotation )

3) Looking forward to layer support in the next version. Will the layers be using the standard modes, such as Colour, Multiply etc ? Any timeframe for the next release ?

There will be more blending option than you currently have with Brushes ( we will be able to do all the standards blending modes present in Photoshop if needed ).
The layers are coming ( like winter :confused: ) but it's difficult to give you a due date. We are preparing big events and releases this summer, we have a lot of work but layers will be there!
In the meantime here is a preview of layer integration in an unreleased test version:
http://forum.bleank.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=123

Cheers

Return to Technical support