Pad sensitivity

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
downs

Pad sensitivity

Postby downs » 23 Feb 2015, 17:53

When using the mouse I am able to manipulate the colour by how fast the mouse is moving, as soon as i switch to the stylus on the Intuos manga drawing pad the colour simply remains at the lowest colour of the gradient, regardless of how fast i move the stylus or how much pressure I put on the pad, Is there some sort of option i need to enable?

When using the mouse or example the lowest colour is black and the highest colour is orange, as i move the mouse the speed determines which colour between these will be painted. If i use the pad it is simply black, no matter what i do.
Anyone else got this or does anyone have a fix?

u2bleank

Re: Pad sensitivity

Postby u2bleank » 24 Feb 2015, 09:17

You should use the pressure of your stylus to change the color. The Mouse velocity is always used to "simulated" a pressure.
If you still doesn't have any change in your gradient ( or if you select the Simple Round Pen and you can't modify the thickness of the stroke as you press harder on the tablet ) then you probably doesn't't have the latest driver for your tablet.
In this case try to remove your intuos manga driver and then reinstall the latest intuos one from this page ( it should have a size of around 140 MB ).

Tell me if it's till doesn't works.

downs

Postby downs » 24 Feb 2015, 12:41

Installed the latest driver, without removing current one, from the website and restarted the system, still no change in colour or thickness to the lines when using the pad, with the mouse both work.

Will try removing the driver and reinstalling the latest again to see if that will work.

Sorry for bothering all of ya, installed the driver and it started working a little while after restarting, thanks for the help.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 25 Feb 2015, 08:46

Nice, I'm glad to know it works. wacom has strange driver behavior sometimes :x

Return to Technical support