Randomly stops letting me paint

Discuss features and report problems with BlackInk
hobolyra

Randomly stops letting me paint

Postby hobolyra » 09 Feb 2015, 23:58

First things first: Steam version, using Wacom Cintiq 24HD, windows 7

So, I will be drawing and randomly the brush tool tit vanishes, and I can't paint any more. I can move my cursor, use the menus, change settings, but the second I apply to the canvas nothing happens. Is fixed by restarting. Nothing else seems to get me back to being able to paint again.

-UPDATE-
So I found the cause, but it's still infuriating. If you accidentally press the side button (or on mouse, the other mouse button) while using the main control button, it loses all input and you can't get it back without a lot of fiddling and mashing of both buttons. I have to disable rightclick on my tablet pen, but it's still a really silly problem that should be fixed.

Getting back the controls is very hit and miss though once you accidentally trigger this bug.
-THE HOBO-

u2bleank

Re: Randomly stops letting me paint

Postby u2bleank » 10 Feb 2015, 09:13

I'm not 100% sure of what you mean :??:
Is this problem only occuring when you press the side button on your stylus when drawing ?

hobolyra

Postby hobolyra » 10 Feb 2015, 22:14

It's when I have the main left button of the mouse (or the tip of the stylus) in use, and then hit the right mouse button (side button on stylus) at the same time. The cursor that would show the brush tip vanishes, but I can still move it off screen and use the menus and so on just fine. I just can't paint on the canvas any more.
-THE HOBO-

maninmachine

Postby maninmachine » 11 Feb 2015, 01:15

I can confirm this with stylus and mouse. For either if left-click is active and right-click is pressed the cursor will disappear and the canvas will become disabled. Double left-clicking on the canvas will enable the canvas again. The default settings for the wacom stylus I use set one side button to right-click and the other to double left-click.

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 11 Feb 2015, 11:22

ok thanks. I add this behavior as a bug :bug:

Return to Technical support