Black Ink Technical FAQ - please read first !

All technical FAQ & custom procedures
ben-o

Black Ink Technical FAQ - please read first !

Postby ben-o » 04 Jan 2013, 16:21

Here are some common issues encountered with Black Ink:

Q: Black Ink is very slow on my computer

A: Black Ink does not use the same rendering technique as the other programs to support much higher resolutions but this relies heavily on the graphic card and yours is probably not powerful enough.
For a good performance a "G3D rating" of 500 is needed but we recommend a rating of 1000 or above for the best experience.
Check your graphic card's rating on this website: http://videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

We are planning an optimization pass to make Black Ink run smoother on lower spec computers in the future.

Q: When I try to install Black Ink I got the message : can't install it because somehow the old version is still on your computer

A: You probably already tried to install Black Ink but the install or the uninstall has failed during the process.
So you need to use this procedure to clean up your system http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Progr ... _Uninstall

Then you will be able to install the new version of Black Ink.

Q: I don't have any pressure with my Monoprice tablet

A: You must have disabled the "Tablet PC Input Service". Just re-enable this service to get back the pressure in Black Ink.

Q: I don't have any pressure and/or an offset in stroke position with my Wacom Intuos tablet

A: Reinstall your wacom drivers after Black Ink installation. Even if you already have the latest drivers, follow this procedure :
F! Should have been fixed with this version of Black Ink

Q: I don't have any pressure and/or an offset in stroke position with my Wacom Bamboo tablet

A: Install the Intuos Wacom drivers instead of the specific Bamboo ones.

Q: I don't have any pressure and/or an offset in stroke position with a tablet from another manufacturer than wacom

A: We're sorry but we can't guarantee support for other manufacturers yet. We are already looking into that issue and we will make sure we have a broader compatibility in the future.

Return to Other FAQ & Procedures