Brush Dump: Spraypaint, Dual/Shadow, Tread, Seuratizer

A place to share your brush
maninmachine

Brush Dump: Spraypaint, Dual/Shadow, Tread, Seuratizer

Postby maninmachine » 28 Nov 2013, 08:43

Feeling lazy for the holidays - just going to plop these all together.

Spraypaint - pressure is analogous to distance from canvas here (lighter = smaller and more spread apart)

Dual - two tone brush, no overlap from rotation/direction

Shadow - two tone brush, static scatter direction - overlap from rotation/direction makes shadow effect

Tread - silly, looks like a tire tread

Seuratizer - (added 12/25/13, Merry Christmas!) - this is an offshoot of the spraypaint brush. It's chock-full of controllers, but mainly it dances around the selected hue by a few degrees while changing value and scatter distance from pressure. Was trying to make a brush that would emulate pointillism. It works well as a image-based color filter and also for leaves and such.

brushdumppreview.jpg
brushdumppreview.jpg (31.42 KiB) Viewed 54398 times
Attachments
Tread MIM.bkbrush
(13.92 KiB) Downloaded 1987 times
Spraypaint MIM.bkbrush
(31.74 KiB) Downloaded 2254 times
Last edited by maninmachine on 26 Dec 2013, 03:50, edited 2 times in total.

maninmachine

Re: Brush Dump: Spraypaint, Dual/Shadow, Tread

Postby maninmachine » 28 Nov 2013, 08:46

here are some samples of the spraypaint...
Spraypaint.jpg
Spraypaint.jpg (41.52 KiB) Viewed 54397 times

" First test with the spraypaint brush. Image-based color, ~10min. Splotches added with simple round.
Reference photo here: http://www.deviantart.com/art/frog-79415530 "
Attachments
Shadow Brush MIM.bkbrush
(83.83 KiB) Downloaded 2024 times
Dual Brush MIM.bkbrush
(39.54 KiB) Downloaded 1983 times

u2bleank

Postby u2bleank » 28 Nov 2013, 09:57

maninmachine : like always you did well with your brushes, thanks for sharing ;)

maninmachine

Postby maninmachine » 06 Dec 2013, 04:01

thanks u2 :)

o_0

maninmachine

Re: Brush Dump: Spraypaint, Dual/Shadow, Tread, Seuratizer

Postby maninmachine » 26 Dec 2013, 03:53

The image-based color samples here show the value-slamming effect of using light pressure. The blue plants at the bottom show the use of a single selected color.

Attachments
Seuratizer.bkbrush
(64.9 KiB) Downloaded 1866 times

dirtyklingon

Postby dirtyklingon » 03 Jan 2014, 10:25

maninmachine wrote:thanks u2 :)

o_0

oooooh can you make these ones available please? :D

great brushes in general!

maninmachine

Postby maninmachine » 05 Jan 2014, 19:22

Here ya go. It's an offshoot of the shadow brush. Pressure will basically change the shadow contrast as it will spread the light and dark apart. Very light pressure will just do alternating light/dark in a line. Just add the random signal to the rotation controller and use the solid square shape for the fuzzy effect shown in the picture. With random rotation on, try the empty square for another weird effect not shown.

Edit - forgot to mention: increasing the size (try 50px) is an easy way of smoothing the shadow (less jagged).
Attachments
Funnel Cake MIM.bkbrush
(56.99 KiB) Downloaded 1739 times
Last edited by maninmachine on 09 Jan 2014, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.

lorrimoris

Postby lorrimoris » 08 Jan 2014, 08:58

Can you please help me to know, what are the names of the tools that are used in Photoshop for giving special effects to the pic.. like those you have given spray , brush etc.. I am not that much aware about them I am just a beginner and looking some sort of idea to how to use such tools. But I am not sure which I have to use for which purpose...

maninmachine

Postby maninmachine » 09 Jan 2014, 02:15

lorrimoris wrote:Can you please help me to know, what are the names of the tools that are used in Photoshop for giving special effects to the pic.. like those you have given spray , brush etc.. I am not that much aware about them I am just a beginner and looking some sort of idea to how to use such tools. But I am not sure which I have to use for which purpose...

Photoshop was only used to copy and paste images together for the Seuratizer sample - everything else was done in BlackInk. The spraypaint and seuratizer samples use image-based color: download the attached brush; install it into the correct directory; open BlackInk and select the brush; choose image-based color (mona lisa); click the folder that pops up below to load an image; paint over the image. To do a drip effect: select the simple round brush; hold shift (will straighten stroke path); paint downward with decreasing pressure (decreases in size). The background of the frog image is just scattered empty circles - can't remember the specific brush I used there, but most will work with a few adjustments. It may help to know that these brushes were intended for use with a pen and tablet - it may be difficult to achieve the same results with a mouse. Hope this helped - let me know if there's anything else.

realtimematrix

Postby realtimematrix » 31 Jan 2014, 11:04

To do a drip effect: select the simple round brush; hold shift (will straighten stroke path); paint downward with decreasing pressure (decreases in size).

Simple and very effect full technique. Many thanks for your help :up:

Next

Return to Brush Exchange