Claw brush

A place to share your brush
maninmachine

Claw brush

Postby maninmachine » 28 Sep 2013, 07:17

clawbrushdemo2.jpg
clawbrushdemo2.jpg (19.37 KiB) Viewed 8683 times

A brush to make quick claws (or teeth). Hope you enjoy it.

edit: added reduced size image for thumb
Attachments
Claw (Bony).bkbrush
(11.27 KiB) Downloaded 966 times
Last edited by maninmachine on 29 Sep 2013, 06:56, edited 3 times in total.

kingknop

Re: Claw brush

Postby kingknop » 28 Sep 2013, 15:17

OMG i don't know how to use this but man you are such a genius this is so awesome
i didn't even knew something like that was possible :amazed:

maninmachine

Re: Claw brush

Postby maninmachine » 28 Sep 2013, 18:39

Thanks, king. I'm curious to see how it functions for other people; wasn't sure how the presets would transfer. My tablet can't run it (sub-par gpu), so I wanted to make some stuff that's easier to use with a mouse on my desktop. That said, here are some details:

Nominal size: 15px., changing the size should change the aspect ratio of the claw. Smaller for creepy fingers; larger for dinosaur toes. Forgot to show that in the preview.

All of the hue values for the colors in the gradient should be equal (at 0), so the hue slider should make for easy color shifts without wonky effects.

value mid + sat down = grayscale
value mid + sat up = uniform color across skin and claw with tone
value up + sat down = solid white
value up + sat mid = solid color skin and solid white claw
value up + sat up = solid color
value down = solid black

Switching to the square shape makes mecha-claws. Unintentional surprise there.

I get bizarre jitter using a mouse and slow strokes with any brush that requires a smooth transition. Directional input brushes turn out even worse. That in mind, this brush caters to rapid strokes. It doesn't have any stylus-based controllers, either.

On a side note, making the size controller was fun - a bunch of saves and crashes. My Bi seems to really dislike the number "0.9". Almost a guaranteed crash with 0.9 as a manual data entry for a bunch of the controller nodes.

Return to Brush Exchange