Barbed Wire

A place to share your brush
cydt

Barbed Wire

Postby cydt » 15 Sep 2013, 14:09

For practice tried to make a brush that shows a starry shape after some interval. It looks a bit like barbed wire.

Short explanation in case anyone is interested:
The star shape is made by showing y-scaled circles randomly at exactly 5 different angles. The angles are made by multiplying a random signal by 5, then flooring it to get an integer interval [0,5], then dividing by 5 again to get [0, 0.2, 0.4, .., 1] (Does anyone know a better way to get this btw? :?: ) This is fed to the rotation parameter.

The interval is decided by modulating the length, and only showing the y-scaling for a short while when the value is close to 0.
Attachments
BarbedWire.bkbrush
Barbed wire brush
(8.44 KiB) Downloaded 879 times

easle-darkpaws

Re: Barbed Wire

Postby easle-darkpaws » 16 Sep 2013, 17:01

cydt wrote:Image

For practice tried to make a brush that shows a starry shape after some interval. It looks a bit like barbed wire.

Short explanation in case anyone is interested:
The star shape is made by showing y-scaled circles randomly at exactly 5 different angles. The angles are made by multiplying a random signal by 5, then flooring it to get an integer interval [0,5], then dividing by 5 again to get [0, 0.2, 0.4, .., 1] (Does anyone know a better way to get this btw? :?: ) This is fed to the rotation parameter.

The interval is decided by modulating the length, and only showing the y-scaling for a short while when the value is close to 0.

So much Maths :whim:

ben-o

Re: Barbed Wire

Postby ben-o » 16 Sep 2013, 18:53

Nicely done! I don't think there are better ways for the stars you got it right, floor effects are the best. I'm a big fan of floor functions. The only comment I could think of is that the mod function could be replaced by a frac block, which is only a shortcut for a modulo at 1. Nice maths!

Return to Brush Exchange