direction radian controller?

To talk about brush creation and controllers
lucek

direction radian controller?

Postby lucek » 16 Feb 2013, 21:21

I would like my brush shape to be rotated, following the direction of stroke. In other brush it is made using a direction(radian) controller. How to achieve that if I cannot choose it?

ben-o

Re: direction radian controller?

Postby ben-o » 17 Feb 2013, 12:36

Hi lucek
We removed radiant angles and kept only the versions in degrees because it's easier to understand. Some brushes were created before this change and still uses the depreciated radiants, but you don't need them.

Take the "direction" bloc. it returns the direction of the stroke over 360°. Divide it by 360 (div bloc) to create a 0 to 1 value to plug in your rotation.
Then simply set your rotation from 0 to 360 in the parameters and your shape will follow your stroke.

And here is one more tip: you might see that the very first shape of your stroke always points the same way (which is normal since no direction exists before the second shape is drawn). That's why we added the "skip first shape" option in the "Flow" tab. Use it if you have this problem.

lucek

Postby lucek » 21 Feb 2013, 01:04

Thanks for the tips. Works perfectly. One more question: where can i get the documentation? It will be easier to understand how to make brushes if i know what the controllers returns. Thanks for help:)

ben-o

Postby ben-o » 26 Feb 2013, 16:27

Good call, we really needed a good old listed controller reference somewhere. And since this forum is the place I would like talk about controllers, I'm starting the list right here!

http://forum.bleank.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=105&p=303#p303

I'm thinking some math functions are not always easy to understand with just words, maybe I'll add diagrams and such later

Return to Brush Making