Scratchy/Grungy brushes

To talk about brush creation and controllers
blackbart

Scratchy/Grungy brushes

Postby blackbart » 27 Feb 2014, 12:37

Hi guys! I was just wondering how would one create a scratchy or grungy brush? Basicaly what i want to do is, import a random image of let say a metal surface and draw scratches on it. I actualy want to make a sort of a texture wich i can make a brush from to be used in 3D applications for texturing.

u2bleank

Re: Scratchy/Grungy brushes

Postby u2bleank » 03 Mar 2014, 10:34

blackbart : it will be difficult to have really good result with the current feature set of Black Ink ( not texture use for brushes, no custom shape for brushes ). But those feature will be added in the future so stay tuned or perhaps a guy like maninmachine will found an awesome trick to help you ;)

blackbart

Re: Scratchy/Grungy brushes

Postby blackbart » 03 Mar 2014, 11:44

I can't wait to see where this software will go. I'll try and play with some nodes, maybe i'll find something that works. I think BlackInk has great potential to become a 3d modelers tool. Especialy now with the tileable function. What would make it perfect though is being able to keep the tileing while painting, so the changes you make at any particular edge, would be reflected on the opposite one, making the texture seamless on the fly. On the side note, this is also great for making custom aplhas for sculpting.

Return to Brush Making