A question about rotation(s)

To talk about brush creation and controllers
thephysicist

A question about rotation(s)

Postby thephysicist » 15 Jan 2014, 13:21

Though I'd like to believe that I pretty much figured out most of the math stuff in this software, this still kind of irritates me:
How does the rotation in the controller section and the one in the shape section work together?
It seems to me that (to some degree) the latter influences the amplitude of the controller rotation, but also the initial rotation of the shape. Which I find a little bit confusing.
Maybe a more experienced user could share his insight on this matter?

u2bleank

Re: A question about rotation(s)

Postby u2bleank » 15 Jan 2014, 15:40

The Controller for the rotation parameter Map works like other value.
The input value is between [0..1] and then this value is transformed into a degree Angle defined by the rotation parameter ( you should expand the parameter to see the lower and upper bound ). Typically it's [0°..360°].
So if the controller output 0.5 you will get 180.
Hope that's clear enough :)

thephysicist

Postby thephysicist » 15 Jan 2014, 19:48

Ah, thank you very much, that makes sense... To a degree that I almost facepalmed myself unconsciuos :D

kittycathy

Postby kittycathy » 31 Aug 2015, 13:50

u2bleank wrote:The Controller for the rotation parameter Map works like other value.
The input value is between [0..1] and then this value is transformed into a degree Angle defined by the rotation parameter ( you should expand the parameter to see the lower and upper bound ). Typically it's [0°..360°].
So if the controller output 0.5 you will get 180.
Hope that's clear enough :)

Clear enough! Everything have a sense now. Thanks a lot!

Return to Brush Making