Updating Controller Reference Thread

To talk about brush creation and controllers
gomi

Updating Controller Reference Thread

Postby gomi » 01 Oct 2015, 20:20

I was wondering if it would be possible for the reference thread to be updated with more short examples for each topic? What is currently available isn't as helpful as it could be.

Ease Power
Power function.
The value is multiplied by itself a number of times defined in the block's parameters. The result is a value staying closer to zero unless it nears 1. Useful with pressure to gain more control over low pressures and keep the highest values for when really pressing intentionally on the tablet.

Sub
Subtracts input B to input A.
Useful to invert values: plug the input value in B and set A to 1. For example a pressure in opacity will make the shape more opaque when you press harder and 1-Pressure will do the opposite, making it more opaque when you press less.

Are great examples that help frame those controllers into an understandable scenario. I love how much control the current setup gives the user, if they completely understand the mathematical design of the controller. But, I know for me, more direct brush examples (e.g. using this will cause the brush to do something like this) are immensely appreciated.

I want to see what is possible with the controller, but I often find myself plugging in random things and tossing the values around, not really understanding how I'm influencing the brush, or how I can better manipulate the brush, into what I'm wanting.

I did read that you plan on improving the brush controller for more common use and I am definitely looking forward to that. :desire:

u2bleank

Re: Updating Controller Reference Thread

Postby u2bleank » 02 Oct 2015, 07:41

we have a lot of work to do in the documentation area for sure :reyes:
And I put your request in our Todo list

Return to Brush Making