Looking for help with a brush.

To talk about brush creation and controllers
dhw

Looking for help with a brush.

Postby dhw » 15 Jul 2013, 11:04

I am not sure if this can be done in Black Ink or not yet. I would assume something rather close could be made.

http://www.mrdoob.com/projects/harmony/#shaded

I actually found this while looking into Black Ink, I will start playing around and see what I can come up with.

Any ideas would be helpful.

ben-o

Re: Looking for help with a brush.

Postby ben-o » 15 Jul 2013, 16:36

dhw:
Well you can't replicate this specific effect because it needs to read previous point position to connect lines to them. But you certainly got exactly what Black Ink is all about and you are going to be very happy with what we are planning to add in the future :devil:
We may even have new brush engines very close to that.

In the meantime, for the overall look of the brush, here are a few ideas:
Maybe you could start looking into the "ruffle" brush and increase the shape interval to max (which is 400). Then find some controller behavior for it (speed maybe?) so that the space between each shape changes depending on what you do. You can also play around with the rotation controllers so it depends on the user input instead of the default simple noise of the ruffle brush. The tail brush is an example of how you can follow the stroke direction while still adding another rotation behavior.
It will not be the same effect but I think this could lead to a very interesting brush with a similar visual impression and a great texture to it.

Have fun!

Return to Brush Making